09 October 2007
Love is in the air
My little sister is getting married! She called me on Sunday night to say that her boyfriend proposed. As those who know me would guess, I screamed, jumped up and down, and then started crying (happy tears). I wasn't surprised that they were finally engaged, just surprised at the timing. I'd had a dream a few weeks ago that they'd gotten engaged, so I've been "waiting" for it to happen, especially since they've been together for six years. I'm so thrilled for both of them, especially since I know how great it feels to be engaged. When I talked to my sister yesterday, I've never heard her sound more happy, excited, or giddy. It's great. I still cannot believe that my little sister is actually getting married next year. I know she's been "grown-up" for a while now, but the reality of it takes a while to sink in. She'll always be my younger sis, so it's just wild that she's taking this step in her life. I can't think of a better partner for her and I'm genuinely excited to have another brother like him in my life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hurrah! "Love is in the air..." I can understand why that saying has gained such popularity. I was outside with Fraser today and it was the very first crisp and cold morning this year in Texas. It brought back fond memmories of Thanksgiving dinner and Christmas ... and going for long walks in the cold with Anna (we still walk, it just isn't cold). There is something refreshing and uplifting about the cold.
Post a Comment