Sometimes it’s difficult not to think that way, especially when there are only four weeks left until our due date. Nate and I looked at each other a couple times this weekend, both commenting that our “quiet” lives will never be the same. It’s exciting and scary and overwhelming all at once.
This weekend we did receive our crib, so the baby room looks exactly as it’s supposed to (in our minds, anyway). The delivery men assembled the crib in about 20 minutes and we were then left to outfit it with the bed linens given to us by our co-workers. It turned out pretty cute! We can’t wait to actually spend time in the nursery with our little guy/gal.
On Saturday night Andrew, Anna, and Avery came over for dinner and other fun. Avery really enjoyed playing with the blocks in Wadsworth’s room. She especially liked toppling them over or tossing them on the floor. Riley also enjoyed licking Avery and watching her crawl around. Sometimes I wonder if we are more excited about the baby or Riley's interaction with the baby - ha! Andrew and Anna brought a pizza and breadsticks and we contributed a salad and cookies – yum all around! Plus, A&A set up Avery’s playard in our bedroom so she could sleep while the grown-ups played a game. We played couples Cranium and enjoyed chatting afterwards. We are really looking forward to the days when our kids can play together, too!
We spent the rest of the weekend doing various things around the house or being lazy. I baked some banana bread, cleaned the kitchen, and tackled the laundry. Nate vacuumed, dusted, and caulked some much-needed areas in the bathrooms. Our goal is to try and get a lot of house “projects” done before the baby arrives since we know we probably won’t get to them for a few months! Plus, we don’t want to have to worry about these things when all the visitors start arriving.
I did take a lot of time to rest this weekend, mostly since I feel so bloated and puffy. And for me, resting usually means reading a good book. I have been voraciously reading the past few months. Although, Anna tells me that I’ll find time to read once I get the hang of nursing (and when I’m not such a zombie from being sleep-deprived). Yay!
And so now we play the waiting game. I have my weekly doctor’s appointments and will continue working right up until the day I go into labor. It’s difficult not to obsess over when Baby W will arrive, but as my cousin Amber told me, “I’m not in charge of timing, so we’ll have to wait and see.”
No comments:
Post a Comment