Abby and I spent a nice day at home after our visitors (J&P) left and Nate was at work. I knew it would probably be a long day since Nate had taken off last Friday and Monday. What I didn't know was HOW long a day it would be. I managed to get a lot accomplished in the morning because Abby slept in her swing until 11 a.m. But after that, she never really slept again. It was so frustrating - for both of us, I'm sure!
I'm having a difficult time some days not being able to get things done in the afternoon, or even getting to make dinner. Thankfully, I didn't have to worry about that last night since J&P left a delicious zucchini lasagna for us in the fridge. (But what about the days when I don't have dinner pre-made?) Abby always has major awake time in the afternoon, but I'm trying to teach her how to nap. Apparently, yesterday was not the day to do so. Well, I should admit that she kind of slept twice - while laying on me in the rocker. That was super sweet and I cherish that time together, but when I tried to put her in the crib after having laid on me for 15 minutes...she immediately woke up and started screaming. Argh! All she wanted was for me to hold her over my shoulder, which is really doing a number on my back now that she is getting heavier.
So, today we do it all again. Hopefully, for Nate's sake, he doesn't have to work until 8 p.m. And I'm going to attempt some errands with Abby - mostly so she can sleep in her car seat. I hate using that as a crutch, but if it works, we'll take it. I love my daughter more than I can say, but sometimes, mommy just wants some sleep.
2 comments:
I live for sleep. It will get easier, I promise. She'll be a scheduled little sleeper in due time. But if you really want sleep, don't do what I did (have two babies back to back). hehe
I feel your pain Sara! Aris at six months nearing seven woke up FIVE times last night. It was like having a newborn all over again. LoL I guess she is trying to retrain me for this next one!
Post a Comment