I am a person with things to say. I have a loud voice and I like to be heard. I am very opinionated and I like to engage in debates. However, in the heat of most debates, and as a general rule in my life, I speak emotionally and not logically. I don't think I'll ever be a completely logical person, and truth be told, I would never want to change who I am. So, how can I get my thoughts together, out there, to be heard? I have always liked to write, but have never had enough discipline to channel my thoughts and develop my ideas.
Over the last few years, I've read a few blogs (shout out to my brother-in-law!) and wondered if I'd ever fit into the blogosphere. I joined myspace and then wondered a year later what the heck I got out of it, and deleted my profile. I joined facebook, never used it much because of myspace, and then recently started checking it because my best friend joined. (Sidenote - I still think it's a little silly to use it for communicating with her or my other friends on facebook. I talk to them all on a pretty regular basis, so why do I need to post little notes on their account?)
Anyway, I guess I should get to where all this is leading. I've decided that I needed to join the blogosphere. Maybe blogging will help me with some discipline or logical thinking, or maybe it will just be a way for me to keep in touch with family and friends, post pictures and write an occasional update. I don't have any big plans for this blog at the moment, so I'll just see how it evolves.
Nate and I have been here in Texas together for a year now and are thoroughly enjoying it. For us, Texas has always been an interesting (to say the least) place we'd been, but never a place we thought we'd live for an extended period. I'm a person who embraces the moment; and I've thoroughly embraced becoming Texan, while also dispelling the myth of what being a Texan really means, and what it means to me. So far, becoming a Texan doesn't define me, it's just another stage in my life journey that has added some great richness to my world. Yeehaw!
3 comments:
Welcome! I was wondering when the voracious reader would turn into the voracious commentator. :p
Thank you! I felt it was a little socially "irresponsible" to keep being a passive member of the web.
Welcome to Bloglandia! As a friend and diehard reader of your bro-in-law's blog, I found your blog. Congratulations on the recent nuptuals...and also for joining the world of blogging. I bet you become addicted. I admire how you have embraced being a Texan...becoming Irish is not something I will ever embrace. I wish it were...I am too stubborn!!!
Anyway, I look forward to reading your blog!
Post a Comment