
Our wedding pictures have finally arrived! I’m sure most people who read this blog already know, but I need to shout it from the rooftops because I am so relieved to finally have these pictures. For me, the photos were probably the most stressful part about the wedding planning process. Nate and I only interviewed one photographer (actually they were a husband and wife team), but I liked their style immediately, and we signed on with them. Being my own wedding planner, I had to follow-up with all the vendors prior to the wedding; for some reason, the photographers were the only vendors I was worried about. I don't know why. I could have been nervous that our cake wouldn't make it to the reception in one piece, or that our flowers would turn out horribly, but I was worried that we wouldn't have photographers. It turned out that the photographers were at the church before I got there! I'm sure a few people thought I'd become Bridezilla on the actual wedding day. In a small way, I was actually surprised that I didn't have some sort of freak-out. But I was so calm, probably as calm as I've ever been (or ever will be).
I love pictures for many different reasons: point a camera in my vicinity and I'll pose, for scrapbooking, I enjoy displaying photos throughout my house and office, and I really appreciate and rejoice in the artistry of photographs. I sometimes feel artistic when I scrapbook, but I never feel artistic when I look through a camera lens. I'm too much of a literal person to capture images with a camera in any sort of artsy manner or with much flair. Our wedding photos are the first professional/artsy photos I've ever had taken. I love them, and yes, I'm biased; but I'm the bride and that's allowed!
After the wedding was over, I still had that one nagging worry about the photos. I knew our photographers took hundreds of pictures on our wedding day, so I was prepared to wait for them. However, our contract stipulated that we would only have to wait about 6-8 weeks, certainly not three months! Two months after our wedding, with no professional photos, I started to worry that the files were gone, lost, or would never be sent to us at all. It was a slightly irrational fear, but this is a digital world, you never know what can happen! When I opened our mailbox last Friday afternoon and saw the package from our photographers, all my fears flew away, my annoyance at the photographers melted, and I started jumping around the house. That's how I roll.
Now I've got physical evidence to go along with all those memories in my head from the biggest day of my life so far. These pictures are fantastic and they truly capture the moments of love, anticipation, excitement, and pure fun at our wedding (the dancing shots)! I could not have asked for more, and I'm actually glad there aren't more shots. It's already been difficult choosing which pictures to display in the house and which pictures to scrapbook for our album! To all of you who were at our wedding, we love you and thank you for being there. Just look at the pictures and maybe that will help capture our joy better than we can express in words.
I love pictures for many different reasons: point a camera in my vicinity and I'll pose, for scrapbooking, I enjoy displaying photos throughout my house and office, and I really appreciate and rejoice in the artistry of photographs. I sometimes feel artistic when I scrapbook, but I never feel artistic when I look through a camera lens. I'm too much of a literal person to capture images with a camera in any sort of artsy manner or with much flair. Our wedding photos are the first professional/artsy photos I've ever had taken. I love them, and yes, I'm biased; but I'm the bride and that's allowed!
After the wedding was over, I still had that one nagging worry about the photos. I knew our photographers took hundreds of pictures on our wedding day, so I was prepared to wait for them. However, our contract stipulated that we would only have to wait about 6-8 weeks, certainly not three months! Two months after our wedding, with no professional photos, I started to worry that the files were gone, lost, or would never be sent to us at all. It was a slightly irrational fear, but this is a digital world, you never know what can happen! When I opened our mailbox last Friday afternoon and saw the package from our photographers, all my fears flew away, my annoyance at the photographers melted, and I started jumping around the house. That's how I roll.
Now I've got physical evidence to go along with all those memories in my head from the biggest day of my life so far. These pictures are fantastic and they truly capture the moments of love, anticipation, excitement, and pure fun at our wedding (the dancing shots)! I could not have asked for more, and I'm actually glad there aren't more shots. It's already been difficult choosing which pictures to display in the house and which pictures to scrapbook for our album! To all of you who were at our wedding, we love you and thank you for being there. Just look at the pictures and maybe that will help capture our joy better than we can express in words.
No comments:
Post a Comment